The Early Learning Coalition of the Emerald Coast is committed to helping families understand their early care and education options to make an informed choice about their child care. The coalition values parent choice.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing our families with guidance on what to look for and questions to ask the potential provider when visiting.
- Educating parents and guardians on how to identify quality early learning programs.
- Giving parents and guardians information about accessing the Department of Children & Families website to review inspection reports.
- Recognizing parents and guardians as their child’s first teacher.
- Providing information about state funded early learning programs such as, but not limited to, School Readiness, Voluntary Pre-kindergarten, Head Start, and Early Head Start.
Child Care Resource & Referral is a free, confidential service that guides and educates families about choosing quality child care or community resources that meet your family’s needs. Choosing a quality program is one of the most important and difficult decisions you will ever make. It is our goal to equip you with the proper tools and knowledge to make an informed decision that is best for you and your child.
The Early Learning Coalition will generate a listing of providers that meet the needs of the entire family. The listing is not a recommendation. There are no charges or fees associated with a provider listing in the CCR&R database or for referrals to your program. If you are asked to provide payment for a referral or listing in the CCR&R database, please call the Office of Early Learning at 1-866-357-3239.
We offer families the opportunity to access affordable, quality care, allowing them to work, attend school, and contribute to the community knowing their children are safe and well cared for. The coalition will also provide families with community resources for such things as housing, food, or clothing.
To receive a listing of child care providers, complete the online request, or call us at 850-833-9333. You may visit our offices in Shalimar, Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 5:00 pm or Friday by appointment only.
Please Note: All families receiving Child Care Resource and Referral services will be contacted to complete a voluntary survey to gauge your customer service experience with our office. All responses are anonymous and confidential and will not affect your services.
The resources below can help you when choosing a child care provider:
Department of Children and Families- Provider Search
Quality Checklist For Family Child Care Homes
Selecting Summer Care for School Age Children: A Quality Checklist